Our Lady of Mercy organizes sports teams for students and parishioners through the Archdiocese of Washington Catholic Youth Organization (CYO). Sports offered include Soccer, Basketball, Baseball and Softball. Ages vary by sport, but may include grades 1 through 8.
For more information contact OLOM CYO Commissioner, Mike Meadows: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CYO’s Bill of Rights for Young Athletes:
- Right to participate in sports.
- Right to participate at a level commensurate with each child's maturity and ability.
- Right to have qualified adult leadership.
- Right to play as a child and not as an adult.
- Right of children to share in the leadership and decision making of their sport participation.
- Right to participate in safe and healthy environments.
- Right to proper preparation for participation in sports.
- Right to an equal opportunity to strive for success.
- Right to be treated with dignity.
- Right to have fun in sports.