Our Lady of Mercy School’s primary mission is teaching the Catholic faith while students pursue academic excellence in a nurturing environment.
Our admission policy gives preference to siblings of current students, parishioners and children of faculty. If there is space available, we consider Catholics from other parishes and then non-Catholics. We run two waiting lists; one for space in the classroom, and one for space in our resource program. Children who need resource support will be accepted when there is room in both their grade and in the resource program. Consideration of admission of non-Catholic students and students from non-traditional families, who sincerely seek a Catholic education for their child, is done on a case-by-case basis consistent with Archdiocese of Washington guidelines.
Admissions for new students opens on October 1st for all grades. Applications received before January 14, 2022 will be evaluated according to the acceptance criteria outlined in the handbook. After January 14th, admissions will be on a rolling basis, and these applications will be considered based on the date the application was made.
Thank you for your interest in Our Lady of Mercy School.
As part of the TADS online application, you will be required to submit the following documents:
- a copy of your child's birth certificate
- a copy of your child's baptismal certificate
- a copy of your child’s past report cards and any standardized test scores
- a recommendation form which must be sent directly from your child’s current teacher
Please note that a student entering Pre-K3 must be three years old, a student entering Pre-K4 must be 4 years old and a student entering Kindergarten must be five years old by September 1 of the year they enter. You will be notified by e-mail from TADS whether your application has been accepted or declined for admission.
Shadow Day Requirements
- Grades K-8: As part of the admissions requirement, every child in grades K-8 are required to complete a shadow visit before their application is considered complete. Shadow days can be arranged by calling the school office at 301-365-4477.
- Grades PreK 3 and 4: Shadow days are optional but strongly encouraged.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 301-365-4477
Click on the TADS button below to begin the application process: