School Advisory Council
In conjunction with the Strategic Plan, we have established a School Advisory Council (SAC) comprised of parents, parish members, and community leaders. The Council's purpose is to provide advice and assistance to the School’s Administrative Team (Pastor/Pastoral Administrator and Principal) in the governance of the School. Bringing valuable expertise and experience, these members have operated in committees, tasked with achieving the goals and priorities in the plan.
2020-2021 Mercy School Advisory Council Members:
- Kim Beahn, Parent Communication Liaison, Consultant, Mercy Parent
- John Beahn, Co-chair Faciilties Committee, Mercy Parent
- Kevin Brant, Mercy Parent
- Father Joe Cwik, Parochial Vicar
- Jay George, Finance Committee, Parish Member, Chair of Prish Social Justice Ministry
- Christine Green, Co-chair Facilities Committee, Mercy Asst. Principal, 5th Grade Teacher, Director, Extensions and Leadership Program
- Jay Heath, Finance Committee, Attorney, Mercy Parent
- Laura Heilman, Policy and Planning Committee, CYO Representative, Mercy Parent and CYO Coach
- Linda Budney LaRoche, Policy and Planning Committee, Parish Member, holds degree in Canon Law and works with the Archdiocesan Tribunal, Dame of Malta, Serves on Boards of Saint Meinrad Seminary and Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
- Maura Lannan, Chair Policy and Planning Committee, Reporter, member of ADW Board of Education, Mercy Parent
- Jennifer Palmiere, Chair Finance and Marketing Committees, Director of Marketing and Development at Mercy
- Sheila Shea, Academic Committee, Special Educator in Montgomery County for 42 years, St. Rose of Lima Master Catechist, Archdiocesan Trainer on Special Education Best Practices, Board of Directors, Kennedy Institute in Washington, D.C.
- Liz Whelan - former ADW Dir. of Professional Development and Principal of St. Hugh School, Greenbelt, and St. Peter's School in Olney. Liz retired from St. Peter's two years ago. St. Peter's also received the Blue Ribbon in 2020, partly due to Liz's leadership. She serves as a consultant for the Catholic Schools Office.
- Lauren Wyble, Secretary, Academic Committee, Faculty Member