Mercy's Art Program
Our Lady of Mercy Program follows the Archdiocese of Washington Schools’ Academic Standards for Art. The program incorporates two goals:
- To open the student’s eyes and mind to God’s presence in His creation by participating in the creative process
- To develop the creative mind by offering students a variety of experiences in the visual arts.
- Pre K meets with the art teacher for special projects
- K-8th grade students meet for 45 minutes on a weekly basis.
- Grade-specific assignments introduce and develop skills in painting, sculpture, ceramics printmaking and new media
- Content in other learning areas is integrated weekly into art projects.
- During Grandparent Special Visitor's Day there is an art gallery set up for their viewing and the classes share with their visitors.